MDP and CONCEPT SELECTION WORKSHOP
3-day Workshop (18th-20th December 2017)
The real value of a oil field development is created during concept selection. Once the project is in execution, there is little chance to change anything. But often, the early stage is troubled with false starts, rework, and a lack of commitment to the chosen development. As a result, projects are delayed or deferred instead of going ahead.
This course describes a structured way to progress from exploration success, through assessing feasibility of a project, to concept selection and preparation of an MDP. It is not a course in discipline engineering; it focusses on the integration of discipline work to efficiently select a concept which meets the company value drivers. The course will be of value to anyone who is working in a team preparing MDPs. The majority of international oil companies use a similar process, and so this course will also be invaluable to anyone who may be partnering with or reviewing
• To understand the key steps involved in assessing opportunities, selecting the concept and writing an MDP for an oil or gas discovery.
• To understand the standard process international oil companies use to do this.
• To see real life examples of opportunity framing, concept identification and selection.
• To be able to work effectively in an integrated team who are creating MDPs.
DOWNLOAD CATALOG FROM
• Investment companies, who want to understand how the oil industry prepares plans for fields in which they may invest.
• Large oil and gas development companies, who need a consistent and efficient way of preparing MDPs.
• Small development companies, who want to partner confidently with larger ones.
• Engineering design contractors, who want to demonstrate a robust way of working to their clients.
Staff from all technical disciplines ( drilling, subsurface and engineering) are welcome.
|Subject:||MDP and CONCEPT SELECTION WORKSHOP|
|Event type:||3-day professional workshop|
|Attendance fee:||€ 750 excl. VAT per attendee|
|Language:||The course will be conducted in English|
|Certificate:||Certificate of workshop participation will be issued by CBC|